Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Teacher is Back

Few weeks ago I decided to take some time off from work because I feel like I was so burn out and as they say in economics I don't see any return of investment. I had another offer from another company a better pay but it will for sure turn my world up side down. It's a whole new thing and I don't know if I can take a risk. Don't get me wrong I love to gamble sometimes but this time the stake is too much that I am not sure if I will take it or not.

Solution: one month off from work. I wanted to really think as hard as I can on what I should do, so I took one month off and now that that month is over I finally know what I want. 




In the end I still want to be a teacher, one of the most underpaid job on earth, but I think I was looking about the return of investment in the wrong way. It may not see it financially, but I am happy, I am happy when my students send me postcards, when they send me emails and tell me how far they can go. One student made an impact on my decision to stay on my profession. His name is Hediki Ota, he was really a nice guy and he study hard, now at the age of 24 he already tour the world and he wrote a book about his tour. He open a business and now he is one of the youngest Company President in Japan, he is a living proof that a dream is enough to motivate a person. Unlike other young President he did not inherit his position, he work for it.

I know not everyone in my class will be like Hediki but some of them will be as successful as he is, and that is my return of investment, being a part of the lives of future doctors, lawyers and leaders.

so!!


10 comments:

  1. What a great post and I am so glad you figured out what you want to do. I think teaching is a great profession. If you touch the life of one person every year, that is all you can ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad that you guys are so underpaid. But I am happy you decided to go on, because it sounds like you love what you are doing and that's what makes a good teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post. I am glad you decided to be a teacher still because it definitely benefits kids but I do wish you were paid more because it is a tough and important job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, so happy you decided it's whats best for you. Kids need great teachers and you seem like you have the passion and dedication they need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya about being burnt out from work. You definitely have to give yourself some time for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a former teacher I know how much we are underpaid and undervalued, but it is a rewarding career when we see students succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to hear that you took a month off to make a very big decision! It gave you the time to realize that money (big money anyway) is not always the answer to happiness. Knowing you are making a difference in the lives of your students that is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life's decisions are tough at times but you will probably be very happy with this one in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teaching is a wonderful profession, it can be stressful but it is totally worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I taught for almost ten years and the rewards may not always be financial but they have such a great return. I love keeping up with my students on FB and seeing them grow into adults. I am no longer teaching, but still love working with kids. Have fun getting your classroom prepared for this coming school year!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you... I always follow/comment back just live your link :) thank you!